Monday, December 29, 2008

Programs and Daddy's

Our Christmas Program...
Sunday 12/28/2008...
This evening was our church's Christmas program. It had been postponed due to some Northeast PA winter weather! I spent the afternoon getting everything set up at the church while Helen watched both the kids. My Mom came up to the church to help as did Pastor Colin and his daughter Miriam. I enjoyed the process of seeing just cardboard and then watching turn into the inside of a barn.(Pictures to follow). Dad gave me the ideas and helped me to draw the wood grain onto the beams and walls of the set. He drew our donkey Meg, she was adorable. At 5:30 the kids began to show up so I could get them dressed and then at 6:00pm it kicked off. It went really wee, and just like expected there were precious oopses and such, but isn't that the best part of a "kids program". I was blessed enough to have a Grand mom who also loved to do this in her own church and I was able to use some the pieces she had written a long time ago, so it added a little bit of a personal touch to the program. I guess the kids had fun because, I was asked if we could "do something for Easter". I'll have to pray about that and see where the Lord leads. We came home and of course Lorelai was wired so we watched a movie with her and she ended up falling asleep in the middle of it. FRAP cuddled up to Daddy and fell asleep early. It so nice to see the bond that they are forming. Sometimes Daddy is the only one that can get him to sleep. I know it's probably hard to picture Mr. Race-Car driver being so soft...but, he loves his kids. In fact he had his first encounter with his daughter and boys on Saturday. Our pastor's son, Sam drew Lorelai a picture with two hearts that had an S and L in them. He said "I thought this didn't start until she was at least 30?" I had to explain that "This is what it means to be a Daddy, and that it won't be the last time." I left out that Sam's two sisters had also drawn Lorelai a picture with friendship hearts on it. I thought it was too cute to see Randall re-act like that! So, I guess I will see everyone tomorrow night when I post for Monday! Bye-Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment